Today I’m giving you some inspiration for your halloween make-up look! I made a vampy but glam look for you. I’m not a pro in doing make-up but I really like to play around with it. I hope you really enjoy this small blogpost because I really enjoyed making it!
Before I’m starting with this blogpost, I have an announcement for my BENELUX-followers: It’s the last day to use my discountcode ANNE10 on Emani’s website. If you use this code on their website, you get 10% of your purchase! This is an affiliate link, which means that I also get a % of your purchase. You are NOT paying anything extra, you only get 10% discount!
This look is not super difficult and it doesn’t take much time. I already wore my every day make-uplook and I worked from there! It took me only 30 minutes to create this look, including the many mistakes I made, haha! I went for a dark, red lip with a dark smokey eye with some burgundy colors. I also did a strong winged eyeliner, a super strong contour and dark eyebrows.
What I did to create this look:
- I made my eyebrows look a lot stronger and thicker. I used a dark brown powder and I tried so make the arch higher. I also made the brows sharper.
- For the eyes, I tried so make a dark brown/black smokey eye. I started with a light brown color and I everytime I went in again, I added a slightly darker brown color. I ended up using a black eyeshadow only in the ‘outer v’ of my eyelid. I cleaned the inner part of my eyes and I added a burgundy shade. I also used this shade in my inner corner and in the beginning of my lower lashline. The last step is putting a fierce winged eyeliner on, that puts the whole look together!
- I added some concealer on my face where I needed it. I used a setting powder to fix it. Then I took a contour powder and I started doing a heavy contour. I especially contoured my cheeks, because I really wanted to make them pop. That looked very vampy in my opinion, haha! I also applied an icy/pinky highlighter, but not too much.
- For the lips, I first outlined them with a nude lipliner. I made them bigger and I made the cupid’s bow a little sharper. Then I went in with a dark lipliner and made the outer corners of my lips dark. I took a dark red liquidlipstick and put it on my lips. After that, I took the burgundy color (that I used on my eyes) and put it on the center of my lips. I used a black eyeshadow to make the outer parts of my lips darker.
The products that I used:
- My everyday make-upproducts. (A blogpost about my updated everyday look will come soon!)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette
- Sleek MakeUp iDivine eyeshadow palette in Storm
- NYX Cosmetics Full Throttle Eyeshadow Quattro in Color Riot
- Catrice Absolute Matt eyeshadow palette
- Yves Rocher Kohlpencil in Black
- Miss Sporty Eyeliner Studio Lash The Miaoww
- Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Lite bronzer
- Catrice High Glow Highlighting Powder in 010 Light Infusion
- NYX Cosmetics Liquid Suède in Kitten Heels
I think this vampy look will be really pretty with a high ponytail or straightened hair. You could also go for messy or curly hair, haha! Just do whatever you like! I really hope you got some inspiration out of this look. I know, it’s not a scary one, but as I told you I’m not the best with make-up. Maybe when I have more time and some ‘special effects’ make-up, I’ll try something more spectacular and difficult next year!
I wish you a great halloween, and let me know if you’ve got any inspiration by tagging me on instagram (@beautybyadutchgirl)
Much love, Anne ♥