(source) Hi everyone and welcome back to my blog!!! Tonight is the final of the Eurovision Songcontest 2017 and I will show you my top 10 countries/performances of the night. These are my favorite songs of the whole contest and ofcourse I hope that nr. 1 will win!
If you’re not familiar with the Eurovision Songcontest is, I will explain it a little bit!
- The Eurovision Songcontest is a contest which is hosted every year. All European countries (+ some other countries near Europe) send a singer/band who make a song especially for this contest.
- Because there are so many countries, there are 2 semi-finals and one final show.
- There will win one country, this country will be the host of next years’ songcontest.
- All European people can vote for their favorite country (not their own country) and all countries give 1 to 12 points to other countries.
- Some famous artists who participated at the songcontest in the past are ABBA and Celine Dion.
I hope you understand a little bit more about this songcontest. If you want to know more about it, I suggest to google it!
So with some information about the contest now, we can finally start with my top 10 performances/countries!!
Disclaimer: These are my opinions. Don’t feel offended if I haven’t mentioned your country. It’s just what I think, this will probably not be the official results of the contest!
10. Austria: Nathan Trent – Running on Air
I really like this song, it’s not a super special one but it’s fun to listen to! The only down part about the artist is that he wasn’t singing well at the semi-finals! But he’s cute anyways!
9. Poland: Kasia Mos – Flashlight
This woman is such a great singer. She did such a great job at the semi-finals! I’m not super into the song but I think she definitely deserves a place in my top-10!
8. Norway: JOWST – Grab The Moment
I think this song is very special and very different to the other acts. The singer is fine. There is not much happening in the performance but I don’t mind, I like that it’s so unique!
7. Italy: Francesco Gabbani – Occidentali’s Karma
Everybody loves this song. The official bookmakers expects this song to be nr. 1 or 2 but I actually don’t like it that much. I’m sorry Italians but I think the singer is a bit annoying. I think it’s cool that they’re doing it in their own language tho!
6. Israel: IMRI – I feel alive
The guy is cute. Haha no that’s not the only reason why this is my nr. 6, lol! I really like this modern song! His accent is very strong but I actually think it’s cute! But he’s a good singer and I love the overall performance!
5. Moldova: Sunstroke Project – Hey Mamma
This song makes me so happy! I added the live version of it because I like it more than the videoclip, but the artist sings it actually good! Oh and that dancing and the outfits of the backing vocals, so cool! I guess this song will be stuck in your head for the rest of the day!
4. Romania: Ilinca ft Alex Florea – Yodel it!
Okay, I’m totally into the fun/happy songs! I’ve been yodeling ever since I heard this song (and trust me, I can’t yodel so everyone in the house is getting super annoyed, haha!) I think Romania send a great act this year and I totally expect them to be in the top 10 this year!
3. Sweden: Robin Bengtsson – I can’t go on
This song also has been stuck in my head, which is a good thing! I really like the good-looking guy and the song is much fun and super modern. I think he will be 3rd or 4th, I don’t know. I think Sweden did another great job with picking the artist!
2. The Netherlands: O’G3NE – Lights and Shadows
Okay, I think our girls will (unfortunately) not be ranked so high, but I think they totally deserve it. I added the live version so you can hear how incredibly good they sing together. Really, especially those parts where they sing all together at different heights (is that the correct word?). If you are still reading this blogpost, please check O’G3NE out on youtube, they have much more great performances!
1. Portugal: Salvador Sobral – Amar Pelos Dois
I don’t understand a word this guy sings, but it totally reaches me. He has some heart-disorder or something and he wrote this song with his sister. I don’t know his whole story but isn’t he just great? I think he is so unique and I totally support countries singing in their own beautiful language! He also reaches all the high/difficult notes so that’s great too. I hope Portugal wins!!
So that’s all for today! I hope you liked reading this post. I’m really curious if you’re going to watch (of if you watched) the songcontest and what your favorite songs are! Let me know it he comments below. Let me also know if you’ve ever heard from the songcontest and what you think of it (if you’re not European!)
Lots of love, Anne ♥